(25) Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
(26) A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
(27) And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
(28) And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.
(29) I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.
(30) And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen.
(31) Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.
(32) Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.
(33) Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the day that I shall have cleansed you from all your iniquities I will also cause you to dwell in the cities, and the wastes shall be builded.
(34) And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that passed by.
(35) And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited.
(36) Then the heathen that are left round about you shall know that I the LORD build the ruined places, and plant that that was desolate: I the LORD have spoken it, and I will do it.
(37) Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will yet for this be enquired of by the house of Israel, to do it for them; I will increase them with men like a flock.
(38) As the holy flock, as the flock of Jerusalem in her solemn feasts; so shall the waste cities be filled with flocks of men: and they shall know that I am the LORD.
Lord, sometimes it’s so hard to find the words when I come before Your Throne. The state we find our world in these days is so far from Your Heart for Your people. And I know it breaks YOUR Heart, because it breaks mine, and I am nothing but a temple for Your Spirit, covered in flesh, sometimes succumbing to the frustrations, fears, and inadequacies that plague us all.
And just when it all seems too much, I am reminded of Scriptures like these, Lord, and that Your promises are YES and AMEN.
You know, Lord, there are many of us that pray for those whose eyes are still clouded and scale covered. Your Word tells us it would be that way. And yet, we see Your willingness to sprinkle us with clean water, cleaning us from our filthiness, from our idols. You offer us a new heart…to replace that old heart of stone with a heart of flesh! Thank You, Jesus, for that!
And then You tell of how You’ll give us a new Spirit, a Spirit that will cause us to want to walk in your statutes, and make us want to keep your judgments, and make us want to do them! Thank You, Jesus, for that TOO!
Rekindle our hearts, Jesus. Ignite that fire. Stir UP that gift that is within us, and cause us to remember our FIRST LOVE! Your people have grown stiff-necked and cold, bowing to idols and traditions of men! This was never Your plan, Lord, when You came to give Your Life for our salvation!
Lord, I ask You to pour a fresh anointing on Your people and grant us boldness that we might speak Your Word and teach Your way and love and co-labor and lift up and bear another’s burden. Help us to see with Your Eyes and love with Your Heart and speak with Your Mouth and touch with Your Hands and go with Your Feet. Create in us a clean heart, Lord, and renew a right spirit within us.
And I’ll never fail to give You the glory and the honor and the praise due Your Name, asking in it all in that Name that is above ALL Names… JESUS.