“Three Days, Three Quotes Challenge” #1
I have been nominated by my dear friend S.M., over at Second Time Blogger for this challenge. Thank you so much for that nomination 🙂 You know I love stuff like this, don’t you? 🙂
I’ve always been a fan of great quotes, and I use them quite frequently, sometimes to drive home a point, and sometimes just because they are inspiring and beautiful. Quotes are a great way to do those things.
So today, for my first day of the challenge, my quote is….
- Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid ~ Albert Einstein
I love this quote in particular, because it speaks volumes in so few words. It’s especially important for young people today, who are caught in a society that teaches that it’s best to be like everyone else. But it’s not.
It’s not even “okay” to be like everyone else. YOU are the only YOU that God created, with your own skill set, your own gifts and callings, your own special traits and your own reflection of Him. The Bible even speaks specifically about this…
- 1 Corinthians 12: 14-17 … 14 For the body is not one member, but many. 15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? 16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? 17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
I do believe, with all my heart, this is one of the reasons the suicide rate is so high. Along with everything else that people have to go through in this world, they don’t see themselves as important or worthy, they seem to have the thought that “no one will miss me” or “someone will come along, just like me, to replace me, so, no loss”. They may not think those exact thoughts, but the basis is there.
So in closing, just hear me when I say this: if you’re a fish, you DO NOT HAVE TO CLIMB THAT TREE! Swim like you are the only fish in the ocean! Because you were known before you were knit together in your mother’s womb (Jeremiah 1:5), and you are the only you there will ever be.
And that’s okay.
Now the rules of this challenge are as follows:
- Post 3 quotes for 3 days.
- Nominate 3 people each day, with no repeats.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Inform the nominees.
So my nominees for today are:
I hope you guys have fun with it 🙂