I use to listen to music all the time. I mean, if I was awake with even one eye open, the stereo was on! Back in those days, it was pretty much bluegrass music all the way. My favorite artist of all time was Alison Krauss, but not so much anymore. But I always had a healthy dose of the old stuff too.
Nowadays, I just rarely ever turn on anything. From time to time I try the radio in the van. Unfortunately, today’s music has absolutely NOTHING for me. Country isn’t country, I don’t care how much they talk about tractors and Bacc’er! Pop was dead in the 80’s.
And don’t even get me STARTED about the lyrics!
There are only two Christian stations on my dial and I can barely stand the stuff they play. I mean, I guess they’re trying to keep up with what the rest of the world is doing. Mistake #1, in my humble opinion…
On To My Music Playlist…
So without further a-do, here is what I turn on when I’m going to be close to my laptop. Since I am fairly impaired in the hearing department, I have to be close.
I will warn you now…you just might hear anything on this list 🙂 ! I have loved bluegrass, southern gospel, classic rock, rap and Lord knows what else. Each of these songs holds a VERY special place in my heart because they all came about at important times in my life.
Maybe someday I’ll back up each song with the story of how they came to be so important to me.
FYI, these are in no particular order because I usually turn shuffle on anyway.
- Come Just As You Are – Crystal Lewis
- Jesus Freak – DC Talk
- Lord, Give Me A Sign – DMX
- Does Anybody Hear Her – Casting Crowns
- White Horse – Earthsuit
- Every Reason – Smalltown Poets
- Faithful To Me – Jennifer Knapp
- Joyful Noise – Flame/LeCrae
- Hold Me Now – Jennifer Knapp
- I Surrender All – Clay Crosse
- I Want To Stroll Over Heaven – Third Tyme Out
- From The Depths of My Heart – The Isaacs
- Jesus, Lover of My Soul – Darlene Zschech
- Lay ‘Em Down – Needtobreathe
- Martyrs and Thieves – Jennifer Knapp
- Prayin’ For You – Lecrae
- Prizm – Pax217
- Savin’ The World – Clay Crosse
- Thankful – Caedmon’s Call
- Never Too Late – Three Days Grace
- Trinity – Jennifer Knapp
- Victory Chant – Donnie McClurkin
- Vision of Heaven – The McKamey’s
- Voice of Truth – Casting Crowns
- Who Am I – Casting Crowns
- Whole Again – Jennifer Knapp
- Victory – Yolanda Adams
- Sweet Glow of Mercy – Gary Chapman
- Old Friend – OC Supertones
- Lift Me Up – OC Supertones
- It’s Me Again Lord – JD Crow and The New South
- Under His Feet – The McKamey’s
- If I Stand – Rich Mullins
- The Words I Would Say – Sidewalk Prophets
- He’s Still In The Fire – The Speers
- Judas Kiss – Petra
- Something About The Name Jesus – Kirk Franklin
- Dying Star – Jason Upton
- Something In That Upper Room – The Wilburns
- Don’t Go Home Tonight Unsaved – The Wilburn Brothers
- I Can’t Even Walk – Jamie Wilson
- The Angels Rejoiced – Rhonda Vincent & Rebecca Lynn Howard
- The Blood Is Still There – Kevin Spencer Family
- Four Days Late – Karen Peck
- I Will Fear No Evil – Joyce Martin Sanders
- Stand Still – The Isaacs
- Your Cries Have Awoken The Master – The Isaacs
- Sea Walker – The Hinsons
- Orphan Girl – Gillian Welch & David Rawlings
- Revelation Song – Charlotte Ritchie
Let me know if you had a favorite on this list.
And I hope you got a blessing out of it! 🙂