After taking care of some contracts I had to get finished this morning, I thought I would get caught up on my blog reading. That’s when I came across Stu’s post, The Sunshine Blogger Award. I’m always thrilled to see bloggers lifting one another up in ways like this. It’s such an endearing way to support one another!
How surprising then, to find my own blog listed in the blogs he had nominated for this award as well!
So a GREAT BIG thank you, Stu, for nominating me! It truly does mean so much 🙂 And congratulations, as well, on your own nomination. You deserve it!
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions asked.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and include the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo in your post.
Stu’s Questions For Nominees Were…
- What inspired you to start your blog? At the very inception of the idea of a blog, it was to release some of the pain of a situation I was going through. At that time, I had a free WordPress blog named “All Out War”, and it never did accomplish what it was suppose to. However, after some time, I had launched out in a freelance writing career. One of the pieces of advice I received most, as a new freelance writer, was to have your own website. I thought that would be a great way to combine both blogging, and my career, as blogging would serve as a sort of “portfolio” of my writing ability. Now, here I still am. My focus has since shifted to my faith, which I’m also trying to move towards, professionally speaking as well.
- Will you be so kind as to share a post from any blogger that has touched your heart for others to read? Wow! I hardly know how to hone this down to a single post! I love so many! But suffice it to say, for these purposes, have a look at this one: This is a recent post by Savannah, over at Rejoicing In Hope, and one that spoke to me especially, because I HAVE struggled with getting over things in the past and learning to accept God’s grace. If that’s you, please make sure to stop by and have a read!
- What is your favorite verse in the Bible? I would have to say Acts 2:38! It is the culmination of my faith, all in one little verse, praise God!
- How has that verse impacted your life? It helps me to remember that repentance could very well be the most important aspect of a believer’s life. As long as we ask for forgiveness, it is still just as washed away as it always has been, and God knows our heart in that same act of repentance. SO powerful!
- Who is your favorite author? My knee-jerk response is the Holy Spirit 🙂 as the Bible is my very most favorite Book to read. However, I do greatly enjoy anything written by Beth Moore. She has a way of making it sound just like she’s speaking to you, instead of writing to you. It’s something I’ve always tried to do, but never feel like I’ve accomplished.
- What is your favorite pastime? Well, I love to cook and go camping and gardening and such. But I suppose I put more actual time, effort and money into photography. I absolutely LOVE it! I think sometimes, how blessed I would have been if any one of my ancestors had chosen to document life behind a camera. I think it’s something we can leave for generations to come, and we should! One day, all we will be is a memory, and those photos are going to mean so very much to someone.
- How do you write your blog posts…drafts or just go for it? I can honestly say, I have done both, in addition to outlining, taking notes and keeping a journal. There are times when an idea is so fiery and so “out there” that it almost writes itself. On other occasions, you want to say something, but you want to make sure you’ve done your researching and are saying facts and nothing made up or assumed. Again, there are times when only a few days of consideration will work, during which time you might change your mind once or twice. I’m a firm believer that there is no “right way” to write. Do what’s right for the moment, for what the information calls for, and move forward as it dictates.
- What are some of your challenges as a blogger? My main enemy, at least as far as being able to blog is concerned, is time. I have several “irons in the fire”, as my mother would say. I am a wife and mother, first and foremost. My son is a high functioning autistic and I homeschool my 16 year old daughter, I am a freelance writer and manage a handful of Facebook groups. When you pair that with the fact that I am also a stay at home mom (of course), and the fact that we are semi-homesteaders (I make almost everything from scratch, don’t own a microwave, and try to garden, can and freeze as much as possible, in season), it makes for a day that no planner can keep up with! It can be a juggling act, to say the least.
- What is your favorite good? This one is easy…Mexican! Anything Mexican! I’ll take tacos or burritos over steak any day, and I love to try new recipes for myself.
- If married, how long? My husband, who is also my best friend and confidant, and I, will celebrate 18 years of marriage this year! With hopefully at least another hundred after that! 😉
- What is your favorite color? Blue
My Nominations for The Sunshine Blogger Award Are…
- Midnight Sun Homestead – Not only is this a great blog, there are some great products available on this site as well.
- Reflections of Life! – A faith-based blog that offers solid devotions, advice and information of a new series of books!
- Brandon J. Adams – Actually geared towards millennials, I have greatly enjoyed reading this blog.
- Fat Beggars School of Prophets – By far, one of the best blogs I’ve read concerning the true servant’s heart for the Kingdom, and the people in it!
- Hard Times Ministries – Another of my favorite blogs.
- I Once Was Lost – Lots of truth in these pages.
- Nathan’s Notes – The life of an autistic, by an autistic person.
- Straight Outta My Kitchen – A great culinary blog you’ll really enjoy if cooking is a hobby of yours.
- Sweet aroma – Reading one post will have you loving Oneta’s writing as much as I do!
- The River Walk – An excellent faith based blog that will have you hitting the subscribe button.
- When Ruins Sing – Just an overall great blog.
11 Questions For My Nominees…
- Do you ever experience writers block, and if so, how do you overcome it?
- What led to the creation of your blog?
- Is there a chiseled-in-stone message that you’d like your readers to take away from your blog?
- Do you have a college education, and if so, is it based in writing and/or communication?
- What is your favorite vacation spot and activity?
- Is blogging a source of income for you?
- What is your favorite song?
- Do you enjoy social media, or is it strictly a tool for blogging?
- Did you “always know” you’d someday be a writer?
- Would you please offer a bit of advice for new bloggers/writers?
- Would you please offer a big of advice to bloggers/writers who might feel burnt out?
Thanks to each and every one of you for sharing your hearts in your writing. As much encouragement as I glean from these writings, I’m sure many others do as well!